Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Old and New

Oh. what shall I speak of the old.
And what of the new shall I say?___
Of the dear old world whose days are told,
And the new that smiles today?

To the old a sad farewell.
To the new a greeting true;
While the old year's grim and solemn knell
Makes a happy chime for the new.

So we greet the new with zest,
Whether sad were the old, or glad;
For we'll make this year the very best
That ever yet we have had.
(John Edward Everett, 1906)

I have a stash of memorabilias...And once in a while,when feeling nostalgic, I rummage through this pile of photographs, greeting cards, letters(loveletters?he3x), postcards, etc...
I didn't know I brought along these old pictures, and I was thrown into heaps of laughter when I saw them...Really cute...


- Eric before the 1-6-12s and his "EXERCISE TO GROW TALLER" regimen
- Erwin before his diet... ("Mama: Toto, toto, basi may anorexia nervousa na ikaw?")
- Me, well, still cute as ever...hahaha....
- and some old pics of Papa and Mama...


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Her yearbook says: "The lady with the Monalisa smile"...Balo gid ko ngaa...ha3x



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Avaw si Eva kag si Nene!



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
One more time baby!!! Papa at his element...



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Amo ni sya ang "big-head" pitbull(fighting line) namon...hehehe...Our eldest, Eric!!!



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ari naman si Erwin, ang pinakabuot kuno sa amon na tatlo....


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
One of my favorite pictures of TAM-MAN & TWINKLE
My father was a very good story teller...To entertain us during times of frequent brown outs, we would just huddle together and he would start telling tales of TAM (for TAMbok!Erwin!), MAN(for MANiwang, Eric!) and TWINKLE (ang mata ni Bebsy eh!)...King Alabastro was it? Monsters, zombies, ancient locks and all... But sometimes, Mama feels the stories are so scary, that she has her own plots and versions as well...Marshmallow land, angels, etc...hehehe....All these told in the warm embrace of our "delana" (woolen blanket)...he3x


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Papa with brothers, cousins and kins...At his prime...


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Lolo and Lola's balikbayan visit during Papa's healthier days
(Standing L-R: Erwin, Mama and Eric
Seated L-R: Lolo Warding, Papa and Lola Ebang
)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Taken at Mama's Graduation from College of Law from UNO-R (Erwin took the picture)
Ayos buhok ko ay? Bag-o na spike,naghapay lang galing!



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
TOP SPOT! (During a pyramid game for PE class)


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Dancer? One of my prides in life....HA-HA-HA
"Gapangayaw na ya sa Sustagen Dance Contest, tumbo2x lang sa kawayan!ha3x"

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Kindergarten graduation...
Gamay pa lang O.C. na(kung indi ko ya,indi ko ya gani!sabad ah!)..."I don't want to be a chemist! I want to be a lawyer!" with matching walk-out kag panghaboy liso sang sambag sa teacher!he3x...Teh wala na sila "Sleeping Beauty" princess sa finale ka program, kay indi na ko ya magskwela kay ma lawyer ko ya mo, ngaa man ya piliton ko ya nila ya man...Teh nagkadto man si Maam sa balay kag ginulo-ulohan ko kag sa WHEN I GROW BIG presentation, teh ako gid ya ang LAWYER eh! Beat that! 5 years old pa lang na!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
the song goes: "There was a little priiiin-in-cess..."
*So they had their Sleeping Beauty after all...Funny thing is, I REALLY WAS SLEEPING! I had fever that day and was feeling tired, and since the Prince had to travel far , my role required that I slept that entire time...and so I did! Notice the two "castle boys"? Their supposed to hide behind the castle thingie, but they went out to wake me up...One picture at home, even captured my teacher(the one I threw sambag seeds at) pulling at my foot to wake me up..."But the princess never wakes up late, everyone was just too early!" he3x...

Old pics, old smiles herald the new joy that another year brings!
Happy New Year to you all...